Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Wee Little Rant.

So, I am a fan of a blogger names Necole Bitchie ( www.necolebitchie.com ). i was reading her site ... oooh 5 seconds ago... and came across an entry she wrote today in regards to Julie Henderson who is dating Russle Simmons.

Apparently, Julie wrote a blog about.. well i'll just let you read it:

I have been spending “special time” with Russell for about 4 months and in that time I have learned some subtle things about some in the black community that have surprised me. I must say that while it has been a bit of a challenge for me, it has also been a wonderful learning experience. I realize that in this day of Obama and change that there is still a tremendous amount of poverty, suffering and pain in the black community, and for that I am deeply sorry. But, I have to say the angry responses to those realities are sometimes misdirected….Just for the record, I am nobody’s white b*tch, gold digger or fame chaser. Nor am I any of the other mean things I have been called lately. I don’t need anything from anybody, I come from a good family and I’m a young independent “successful” model making my way in NYC. (If you don’t believe me google me or go to juliehenderson.net).

Finally, I just wanna say that Russell has been a great “special” friend and I’m sure as sh*t not giving him up cause some in America object to our friendship. I wanna close by saying, what Russell always says, Namaste. (That means the goddess in me recognizes the goddess in you)….Or, b*tch get your own man.


then Necole Responded on her blog with this:

Dear Julie,

As a woman of color who has come from the “Black Community”, one that you say is “plagued with pain, suffering and poverty”, we grew up hearing those very words from our own people “black b*tch, gold digger, fame chaser”. Oh, and must I not forget the most disrespectful of them all “b*tch s*ck my d*ck”!

I hate to tell you this, but you are not singled out because you are a “white woman” who just happens to be dating a “black man”. This is just our reality. I am glad that you are now more aware of what we as black women have been subjected to in our own community for the majority of our lives. And you wonder why we are so “Angry”…

Welcome to my world!

Love Necole


Honestly... I think that everyone in the situation needs to stop acting like little girls. I personally think that black women are too... EXTRA about a lot of things. In my opinion Necole is totally out of line, and really shouldn't have said anything. I understand exactly where Julie is coming from. Women as a WHOLE regardless of race, need to stop trying to start an argument about everything. This is one of the main sterotypes that black women try to overcome, but when shit like this happens, how can you judge the world for thinking that about us? What all women and Necole need to realize is this:


Lesson 9::
Talkin shit about her, isn't going to make you look cool.


This shit seems like fuckin middle school to me... And in my opinion, it seems like Necole just felt like going off on someone, and Julie happened to be the target. Julie.. do your thing, ignore all of the negativity, and people putting words in your mouth. Necole do your shit, i love ur website... but don't try to word things for your blog. I was in no way offended by her message and you really shouldn't be either.

I didn't feel like she was directing anything at black women.. i think she was just gettin some shit off her chest.

Until We Meet Again
or even better :: Namaste,
Monroe.

No comments: