Saturday, September 12, 2009

further from your dreams*

another no intro post. This one means a lot to me because I can relate all to well...

Lesson 37:
go balls out

All of us are handed different situations each day. Some of the we take by the horns, other shy away from, and then there are the ones that we flat out miss. The reason that we do these things are: were confident in success, we're nervous, or we are taking a risk.


These situations can be anything from school, sports, relationships, friendships, theatre, etc*


Recently I was given a situation, and instead of jumping on it 100%, I was nervous and gave it 75... I can honestly say that this is one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life. I often look back on everything I did wrong, and wonder "Why didn't I just go all in?", "What was I so scared of?" and "Why did I assume this was going to be like the past?". All of these are questions that are hard for me to answer, because unfortunately the answer is "IDK". But then I wonder, how don't I know why I didn't give this my all? Now I feel like the biggest idiot in the world, and I would do any and everything to go back and change things.


If this happens, sometimes there are things you can do to fix the situation::
Once the opportunity is no longer that, but a reality... GO ALL OUT. Go above and beyond and beyond to show them that this is really what you want. Why should you do this? Because you shouldn't want to half do it both times. This could have completely passed you by, but you still succeeded in getting what you wanted. Don't drop the ball twice*


Sometimes the opportunity is gone and there is nothing you can do but blame yourself::
While the easiest thing to do is mope and cry, the best thing to do is take it as a lesson. Trust me, the hardest thing is knowing that you have missed out on something that you wanted so so bad, and knowing that once its gone... its gone. Take this as a lesson, so that you never make the same mistake again. The next time that there is something that you want don't make the same mistake twice. And if by some strand of luck you get your opportunity back and it's still what you want TAKE IT.


But to Rewind:: what happened?
Did you lead them on?
Did you tell them that you were ready even though you were hesitant? Big mistake #1- Honest Is The Best Policy. You should have been completely honest and let them know how scared you were. Let them know about a similar situation and how scared you are of the circumstances repeating themselves. Yall could have talked everything over, and then you would know that this time was going to be different. What you have to remember is that everyone is not the same, and everyone is not just out for their personal gain.
Did you leave them dry?
When the opportunity was handed to you did you just not say anything? When they would ask you about your decision making process did you just blow it off? Well why did you think that they were gonna stay around if you kept blowing them off? Don't run away and hide when your not sure about something. If its something that you really want, you should be able to talk to someone [if not them] about the situation. Not all outside opinions are good ones, but that may just show you how much you do in fact want this.


The best thing to do is to be completely honest. If you are weighing other options, let that be known. If you are terrified, let that be known. If you're not sure what you want, let that be known. With any doubts, thoughts or feelings that you have LET THEM BE KNOWN. If the response you get isn't what you want, then you know that this is not opportunity for you. But if they take you with open arms and talk to you about your fears then what's stopping you?


When there is something that you really want, no matter what it is, how hard it is to obtain, or how scared you are; jump on the reigns and go balls out. If things don't go the way you planned you can always say "At least I gave it my all". The worst feeling is "I wish I would have gone harder/given it my all".


The reason I started this whole blog in the first place was to voice my opinion on certain topics, and hopefully help someone learn from my mistakes. This is my biggest regret and I hope that if someone is on the fence about something, that you don't make the same mistake as me. I've been crying while writing this, because I wish I would have done these things. I should have talked about all of my concerns, my worries and my fears. If I would have done this I would have known that everything was going to be OK. I have no one to blame but myself, and I don't know what to do to fix the situation. The scary thing is, there may be nothing I can do to fix it [the same applies for your situation].


So where do you go from here? The opportunity is lost, your a wreck, and you want nothing more than to get this back. You just KNOW deep in your heart that this was yours, and you will stop at nothing to get it back. As crazy as it sounds, the thing you need to do is chill. Yes, maybe the opportunity is supposed to be yours, but maybe its just not your time for it. While moping is the easiest thing to do [and something that I've been doing] thats not going to bring the opportunity back. Work on yourself inside and out, so that if/when the opportunity comes back you are ready for it. And if it comes back- it's going to be better than ever*


anything can happen with Magic*,
Monroe.

No comments: